For Onboarding, your introductory module includes:
- Why leaders who coach are inspirational and influential
- Curriculum overview: four competencies, twelve skills
- Working through the course
- The Better Conversations Growth Model & study tips
- Personal values
- How leaders talk about their values
Total 6 lectures, approximately 42 minutes of video.
Competency I | Grounded Leadership
- Overview of Competency I – Grounded Leadership
- Competency Concept: Managers vs Leaders vs Leaders Who Coach
Skill #1 | Act with Integrity
- Show up as a Leader Who Coaches with integrity
- Commit to developing your coaching skills
- Encourage & promote awareness of how you lead
- Create clarifying cultures
- Common derailers
Total 8 lectures, approximately 38 minutes of video.
Skill #2 | Establish Common Understanding
- Your LWC sweet spot
- Making your partnership clear
- At the start of each coaching conversation
- Questions to secure your verbal agreement to coach
- Who to coach, when and where
- Your responsibilities and theirs
- Meeting resistance & opting out
Total 8 lectures, approximately 61 minutes of video.
Competency II | Emotional Connections
- Competency Concept: Trust-Permission Dynamic
Skill #3 | Build Trust, Secure Permission
- Demonstrate genuine care
- Consistently act with integrity
- Make clear agreements on delivery
- Champion their experimentation
- Ask permission to coach on sensitive topics
Total of 8 lectures, approximately 51 minutes of video.
Skill #4 | Coach-Leader Presence
- Slow down, read the signals
- Open to not having the answers
- Open to experimentation
- Multiple approaches to the same conversation
- Laughter and humour
- Confidence working with strong emotions
Total 7 lectures, approximately 48 minutes of video.
Competency III | Conversations Skills
- Competency Concept: The Who Energy Model
Skill #5 | Listen to Understand
- What deep listening looks like
- Set the scene but who’s agenda?
- Explore feelings & concerns
- Listen for values, beliefs & needs
- Summarise, paraphrase, mirror & parrot
- Truth & challenging
Total 9 lectures, approximately 47 minutes of video.
Skill #6 | Ask Good Questions
- The six sets of questions
- Elaboration for clarification
- Challenging assumptions and limiting beliefs
- Looking for evidence
- Discovering alternatives, exploring consequences
- Imagining the future
Total 7 lectures, approximately 34 minutes of video.
Skill #7 | Clean & Clear Language
- Use client’s language for receptivity & impact
- Leading, loaded & cryptic language
- Summarising & bottom-lining
- Delivering feedback
- Demonstrating respect for your client
- Metaphors & analogies to explain concepts
- Shifting perspectives through reframin
Total 5 lectures, approximately 19 minutes of video.
Competency IV | Capability & Capacity
- Competency Concept: The Growth Roadmap
Skill #8 | Grow Awareness
- Personal impact
- The POwER paradigm
- The beginning and the middle… then at the end
- How to give advice
Total 8 lectures, approximately 55 minutes of video.
Skill #9 | Design & Agree Actions
- It’s time to begin designing actions
- Things to check & confirm
- Confidence, commitment, motivation & accountability
- When you need to delegate & negotiate
- Resistance & objections
Total 6 lectures, approximately 26 minutes of video.
Skill #10 | Plan & Set Growth Goals
- The Growth Roadmap Tool
- One-to-one growth meetings with direct reports
- The first one-to-one growth meeting
- Core Growth Roadmap concepts
- The 3 tracks
- The 3 decision levers
- Resources and notes
- Tracking progress
Total 9 lectures, approximately 54 minutes of video.
Skill #11 | Accountability & Course Correction
- Our part as Leaders Who Coach
- What to remember, what to write down
- All kinds of check-ins
- Troubleshooting & escalations
- Re-contracting agreed actions & goals
- Unacceptable risk & poor performance
Total 7 lectures, approximately 39 minutes of video.
Skill #12 | Progress & Sustained Growth
- Clear signs of ownership to acknowledge & celebrate
- More subtle signs to acknowledge & celebrate
- The most courageous of conversations
- Strategic review — a year of growth
- An annual schedule for you & your team
- Talking about future possibilities & opportunities
- Golden threads to carry with you
- Your own growth as a leader who coaches
Total 9 lectures, approximately 44 minutes of video.
Total 3 lectures, approximately 9 minutes of video.